The Blood Of Olympus // Book talk

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

IT'S HERE! AND WE'RE DOIN' IT!
The Blood of Olympus Book talk with Trisha


Synopsis: 
Though the Greek and Roman crewmembers of the Argo II have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen—all of them—and they're stronger than ever. They must be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood—the blood of Olympus—in order to wake.

The demigods are having more frequent visions of a terrible battle at Camp Half-Blood. The Roman legion from Camp Jupiter, led by Octavian, is almost within striking distance. Though it is tempting to take the Athena Parthenos to Athens to use as a secret weapon, the friends know that the huge statue belongs back on Long Island, where it "might" be able to stop a war between the two camps.

The Athena Parthenos will go west; the Argo II will go east. The gods, still suffering from multiple personality disorder, are useless. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea's army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed too much already. And if Gaea wakes, it is game over.


What is The Blood of Olympus?
It's the fifth and FINAL book in The Heroes of Olympus Series! written by the awesome Rick Riordan who also wrote The Percy Jackson Series and Kane Chronicles


NON-SPOILER


THIS BOOK. THIS BOOK IS FULL OF FEELS. I can not fathom my thoughts.  Just because I have mix feelings about this book. This is the conclusion of a series that I love and unfortunately I didn't love it as much as I love the other books in the series. I feel like there are some certain things that I needed and were not given, but uncle Rick did a great job as always but seriously there weren't enough PERCABETH moments, and it's not just that. However this book is still awesome, a lot of laughter, feels, tears were shared throughout the book, and these seven characters will always be in my heart.

(now if you haven't read the book, you may leave now and READ IT, because I will spoil the crap outta you. :-) )

SPOILERS EXTRAVAGANZA


"Seven half-bloods shall answer the call, to storm or fire the world must fall. An oath to keep with a final breath, and foes bear arms to the doors of death"

We started with Jason's POV where they were in Ithaca. What I like about that part was when he refused to go with his mother and he was stabbed (haha), and this kid Michael Varus telling him that he was born as a Roman and will die as a Roman, and I'm like dude STOP.

I have this sort of annoyance towards Jason. It's not that I don't like him, It's just that the label of him as the son of the king of the gods is overrated, yes he is but HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING BIG.

Now we go to Reyna, Nico and Coach Hedge and their adventures.(this will be loooong)
I freakin like the teamwork between these three characters.

We all know that they were tasked to bring the Athena Parthenos  to CHB, and I feel like Nico had the most character development in this book, and i like that a lot. He redeemed himself as the son of hades and as a character that we love. His powers are scary as hell (no pun intended) and don't get me started with #SolAngelo, gods.

Reyna had a lot of kick-butt moments here and I was in the end of my seat. I love as a character, they wa she dealt with her pass with Hylla and the cameo of Thalia and Orion and how she was attched to Pegasus. She proved herself in this book. However I would like to see her falling in love with someone you know, that would be great uncle rick!

Now let's go back to the Argo two crew.

Leo. I wasn't surprised that Leo wasn't really dead. We were given hints that he was the one who will die so I wasn't surprised there. His humor is evident in this book, his love for Calypso is freakin adorable, his plan was genius, but I wan't to see more of him and Calypso.. Moreeee

Hazel and Frank weren't that much seen in this book. just like Percy and Annabeth, well they had some scenes really cool scenes but i feel like they weren't seen as main characters and THAT PISSED THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF ME, yes uncle rick wanted us to get to know the other characters, he wanted us to love them and it's not just about percabeth but gods, even a single chapter wasn't given to them. I wanted to see action through their eyes for the last time, but no, NOT EVEN A CHAPTER.

Piper redeemed herself in this book. She did some kick-assery stuff  and even though she is a daughter of aphrodite, she proved herself as a hero of olympus.

there are scenes that I love like:

Artemis and Apollo with Leo's valdezinator HAHAHAHA

The scene where Percy said the three words to wise girl (#killmyselfwithsomuchfeels). Also, that part where I remember why I fell inlove with percy and the crew

That part where the demigods fight with their godly parents, that part was full of emotions

When Athena protected Reyna while fighting with Orion. Hail Athena!!

The scene where Jason was stabbed hahahaha (just kidding ... not)

The scene  with leo and Dr. Aslepius and the Idiot mode

Will Solace and Nico De Angelo #isthebomb

and a lot lot more!

OVERALL
This book is full of emotions, maybe I needed more from the other characters, maybe I needed more Percabeth. But this is the conclusion and they are still my heroes.

4/5 coffee cups


(disclaimer: I don't own any of the images shown unless stated)


Stay awesome!
Trisha x






You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento