ALLTHINGS IN 2018

Sunday, January 20, 2019


     I made it! 2018 had been a challenging year (like any other year that already passed). I went through a lot of challenges and embarked on exciting endeavours. Today, I’ll look back to the things that happened in 2018


January



     I turned 17 this year! I went out with a couple of friends to celebrate. Turning 17 is like the calm before the storm because you know a year later you’re gonna be 18 and that one year gap I believe entails more responsibility and change.

February

     In February I saw Black Panther in theaters alone. It was my first time watching a movie by myself. I used to be frightened by the idea of it but after actually doing so I learned how calming and therapeutic it could be. Now (2019) I often see films alone!

March



     I co-wrote / co-directed / and co-sang the soundtrack of our short film submission for school. “Bukang Liwayway” was the brainchild of Dan, Rochelle and me! It was a story we knew was worth telling. I am so proud of what we have accomplished. It might not have won many awards but I know all the hard work paid off. I will always remember Arlo and Aries.

     In this month was also my first concert. It was also the night I met Ben and Ben. I might sound cheesy but I cried when they performed. They’re my favourite Pinoy band. Their songs resonate to me and I am so thankful to have been given the opportunity to listen to their music played live.

April

     This month I met my first love- University of the Philippines. I attended a review program for 4 consecutive Saturdays. Words cannot explain what I felt when I first saw oble. I can still vividly remember looking at UP through the window of the car while munimuni played. Bliss.

May

     I started doing my university hunt. I spent weeks trying to narrow down the schools I wanted to apply to. From searching their websites, social medias, reading course guides and articles I did everything that I could just to really help me fathom what school and course I wanted to try applying to.

June

     I started my FINAL year in high school. It’s exciting but also a bit scary. I had been in high school for 6 years. I really want to move on already (hahahha). I hope I finish this school year well.
I had friends who celebrated their debuts this month too. I got to have a mini reunion with my JHS friends. I miss them so much 

July
     I joined another review program for upcat in july! UP Mi abeyabe hosted the review! I got to  learn a lot about UP Los Baños, the courses, the culture and student life!

August


     This month I joined my first National Competition.  My classmates and I drove to Pasay City to be the delegates for the National Inventions, Conventions and, Exhibits 2018. The experience in itself is exhilarating. Even though we didn’t win  we were still super thankful to be the chosen representatives of our university.

September

     This month I took the Ateneo College Entrace Test (ACET). Past me never imagined that she’d ever pass alone be granted a scholarship (spoiler: ya girl did!) I almost didn’t push through. I did my essay the last minute (thanks to my friend Rochelle for helping me sort that shit out), my classmates who were supposed to apply with me didn’t go (thanks Charlene for accompanying me to DBA!!! Lav u!) and my requirements almost weren’t completed. But alas!!! I did it !!!

October

     I took the University of the Philippines College Admission Test this month. I have never felt so unprepared and scared. I ultimately cried myself to sleep upon arriving home. THAT MATH PART KILLED ME MAN. UP is my dream school. I knew what happened to my chances of getting in after I took the test (they ain’t high). I’m still hoping, waiting, and praying. 

November

     I started my work immersion in a hospital!!! Our school kindly gave us a chance to experience the actual work and observe in our chosen field. I got to see patients, do some basic history and check vitals!! I also got to wear white scrubs!!

December

     This month for me was the most challenging December of all Decembers of my existence. The pressure of finishing all the requirements, grade 12 and just I don’t know I think life hated me in December. BUT December is my favourite time of the year. I tried to stay positive and happy. I attended Simbang Gabi, Christmas parties with classmates and friends and celebrated Christmas with my family.




2018 in films

in which i list down the films i saw and loved each month. some of them didn't come out in 2018

January


i do not remember any movie i saw in january... apologies!!

February


Lady Bird (2017)


Call Me By Your Name (2017)

March


Coco (2017)

April


The Edge of Seventeen (2016)

May 


Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

June


The Big Sick (2017)

July 


Steve Jobs (2015)

August


To All The Boys I've Loved Before (2018)

September


Goyo: Ang Batang Heneral (2018)

October


Black Mirror: USS Callister (2017)

November


The Handmaiden (2016)

December


 Jackie (2016)



happy new year everyone! :) 


You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento