EXO: The War Album Unboxing + Review

Saturday, February 03, 2018


The War is Exo's 4th Studio Album initally released digitally last July 18, 2017 and eventually released July 19, 2017 physically.



We all know that a few months after the war was released, a repackaged album was sold to the public. I was hesitant to purchase this one because the repackaged had a few songs added to it (Power, Sweet Lies, Boomerang which are also good). Nevertheless, I bought this album because I really like the aesthetics of it, the logo, the aura, the feel and the summer vibe (and baekhyun's hair, do NOT ARGUE WITH ME).



This album actually has three versions, version a, version b (this one), and the limited released private one. I initially wanted to buy the private ver. however, since it has been obviously been released six months ago, I don't think there are any more of that version left. (let's count how many times I typed "verison" in this paragraph )








The CD is beautiful. Honestly, it's one of the reasons why I bought this version.

 
Here are some photos from the photobook!


One of the difference of this version from the others is its color grading. Version B's contrast is more pronounced. The colors are vibrant and bright. 



I'm not a fan of the quality of the photobook though, it feels like it could be dettached from its case anytime.















Poster Time! Unlike my MADE Album poster which was damaged because of the quality of the poster tube, this one I am satisfied to say arrived in excellent condition!










Lastly, freebies from ate cho dabi!! Thank you!! (Kahit na sila nalang natira kasi hiningi na ng mga classmates ko yung iba hehe.)




SHORT ALBUM REVIEW

Ko Ko Bop. This is the title track of this album. It’s very lively, catchy and fun. I personally like it. However, I do understand why some people don’t like this song. The bridge which is a mess of electric sounds threw some people off.

Here are my favorite songs from the album:

1.       The Eve
 I think it’s a nice starter song and flows perfectly with the next (ko ko bop). The melody is passion filled. It is accompanied with the constant beat that can be heard throughout the whole duration of the song which I think adds more intensity to it. The lyrics are pretty empowering as well. “We must break it apart and clash against it so we can see ourselves. We must shout out loud, so it spreads wide and far the moment soft lights spread out and chases away the darkness. We must wake up again to the new morning”

2.       Forever
Chanyeol’s slow rapping after’s Chen’s prelude, I find very soothing. The chorus is what made this song good, it was able to showcase the impeccable vocals of the members but remain upbeat and light. I also really liked Chanyeol and Sehun’s rap parts towards the end, it’s cool.

Overall, their 4th album is a combination of playful, catchy beats that you could dance and at the same time weep to. I like how it didn’t end with a sad ballad, rather with its finale (Going Crazy) the album will leave you with good vibes.

WHERE YOU CAN GET YOURS (PHILIPPINES)

I got my album from Cho Dabi Trading. Their service is good, the people from there are nice and the site (which you should check out sometime) is user friendly. The album costs 800 pesos but I wanted my poster unfolded so I paid 50 pesos for the poster tube and 230 pesos for shipping fee (1080 pesos in total).




You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento